After months of fielding calls inquiring about it, it was exciting to see the 2013 schedule announced
today. It's certainly an interesting lineup with road games stacked at the start and home games lined up for the stretch run. Here are a few notes about next year's slate:
* The six-game homestand will be the longest in school history. The previous long is four games, which occurred most recently in 2003.
* The last time Ole Miss opened the season with an SEC foe was also Vanderbilt in Nashville to start the 2003 campaign.
* The last time the Rebels traveled to Austin was 1925.
* The last time the Rebels traveled to the same SEC opponent in consecutive years was LSU in 2001 and 2002.
* The last time Ole Miss traveled to both Alabama and Auburn in the same season was 1977, when the Rebels faced the Tide in Birmingham and the Tigers on the Plains.
* The last time Ole Miss had two open dates was 2008, when the Rebels were free on Oct. 11 and Nov. 8.
* Ole Miss faces three first-time opponents in Southeast Missouri, Idaho and Troy.Follow me on twitter @CampbellKyle.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt5.2/mt-tb.cgi/39468
BBVA Compass Bowl,
Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge,
From The Vault,
Jackson Touchdown Club,
NFL Pro Bowl,
Ole Miss Athletics,
Ole Miss Baseball,
Ole Miss Basketball,
Ole Miss Football,
Ole Miss Men's Basketball,
Ole Miss Men's Golf,
Ole Miss Soccer,
Ole Miss Softball,
Ole Miss Volleyball,
Ole Miss Women's Basketball,
Ole Miss Women's Tennis,
Rebel Media Day,
Rebel Road Trip,
SEC Baseball Tournament,
SEC Media Days,
Walk Out Songs,
Women's Basketball; Yolanda Moore,