Van Devenders Share Special Moment With Mannings

478_a.jpg
Here's part of a profile on former Ole Miss football player and now successful businessman Billy Van Devender, who was college teammates and roommates with Archie Manning. The full story, as well as the Ole Miss Athletics Foundation website, is linked below.

At the premiere of the ESPN Films documentary "The Book of Manning," Billy Van Devender shared a special moment with former roommate and good friend Archie Manning.

In partnership with Ole Miss athletics, the Van Devender and Manning families made significant contributions to the Forward Together campaign to rename the indoor football practice facility the Olivia and Archie Manning Athletics Performance Center.

"It was very emotional," Van Devender said. "My wife, Mollie, and I were there, and my children were there. Archie and Olivia did not know that it was going to be named after them. They walked in the room, and there were a lot of moist eyes in the room. Everybody was excited and emotionally charged. They were very appreciative of it. It's a great tribute to them.

"I've always believed that, 'to whom much is given, much is expected.' Everyone says they want to give back, and that's what I'm trying to do here. I feel strongly that we have the right leadership at Ole Miss, and I know that head football coach Hugh Freeze is not only interested in winning football games, but he's genuinely interested in the student-athletes who we're recruiting and playing football. He wants them to be good examples and good citizens when they leave Ole Miss."

Full StoryGiveToAthletics.com