Kylan Becker Reflects on Japan Trip with Team USA

| No TrackBacks
Kylan Becker_Team USA2_CROP.jpg

Rebel Nation,

Being a part of the Ole Miss family has afforded me some of the most incredible experiences of my life. About a week ago, another came to pass as I was selected to play for Team USA and travelled across the Pacific to participate in the Japan All-Star Series. I wanted to take this opportunity to share my experiences with the best fans in college softball.

Playing for Team USA and donning the Stars and Stripes is a dream come true. Being able to represent this great nation and play alongside some of the best players in the world, in addition to being coached by some of the very best, is helping me gain so much knowledge and experience for the game. I'm loving every minute of it.

Our trip to Japan was incredible. We played a three-game series against the Japan National Team. Within the week I was there, I was able to travel to and play in three different cities. We first played in the in front of a sold-out crowd at the Tokyo Dome. Then, we went and played in the Sendai Dome before rounding out our series at the Fukushima Azuma Baseball Stadium. The fans in Japan were incredible. We had people waiting at our bus drop off 5 hours before our games waving American flags and filling baseball stadiums in every city we went to. It was so amazing to see how much the Japanese loved the sport. I was fortunate enough to get to play on the field the Olympics will be held on in Fukushima in 2020 and it brings me so much excitement for softball's arrival back into the Olympics.

Of everything that I got to see and do while in Japan, one thing in particular that sticks out came in Tokyo, where a man was waving an Ole Miss sign at me. It was truly surreal to see a Rebel fan all the way out in Japan cheering me on. REBEL NATION IS THE BEST and you never cease to amaze me!

Hotty Toddy,