Indoor Practice Facility
Among the finest facilities in all of college athletics, the Ole Miss Indoor Practice Facility is the crown jewel in the growing athletics compound surrounding Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
"The Indoor Practice Facility speaks a great deal to our donor support, our athletics tradition and the future of our program," said Athletics Director Ross Bjork. "I have been all over the nation, and this is one of the most impressive out there. We are excited about the numerous enhancements on the horizon, as the facility continues to serve as a tremendous recruiting asset for Ole Miss Athletics."
Located beside the South End Zone of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, the Rebels moved into the spectacular $18 million multi-purpose structure in fall 2004.
"With the addition of this magnificent indoor facility, we find that Ole Miss athletes and coaches have the opportunity to practice and play games in state-of-the-art facilities, on the finest fields and courts," then-Chancellor Robert Khayat said at the ribbon-cutting ceremony on Nov. 22, 2004.
The 150,000-square-foot enclosure is a result of UM's Commitment to Excellence in Athletics Campaign, a $35 million initiative to upgrade the university's athletics programs. In addition to the IPF, the campaign also resulted in a golf facility, renovations to C.M. "Tad" Smith Coliseum and a state-of-the-art track and field complex, which sits just south of the IPF. Also, an endowment has been created to fund scholarships and maintain the new facilities.
Numerous Rebel supporters contributed financially to the construction of the Indoor Practice Facility, including legendary Rebel quarterback Archie Manning. In May 2004, former Ole Miss running back Deuce McAllister donated $1 million toward the building of the facility. The architects of the facility were Ferguson & Associates of Jackson.
The facility includes the following features:
- Top of structure over playing field 79 feet above finished floor
- Building structure comprised of steel frame, metal roof, brick and metal panel exterior walls with dimensional stone base/water table and stone wall caps
- Players' lounge with game room, tv room/lounge, computer/study lab, refreshment bar, and small theater room
- 10,000-square-foot weight room includes Hammer Strength machines, Life Fitness cardiovascular machines and a fully-stocked nutrition center
- Staff office area features state-of-the-art audio/video "strategy room" with four digital projection screens and sound
- Staff office area also features state-of-the-art audio/video editing suite
- Banquet Hall to accommodate approximately 300 persons
- Semi-private upstairs Head Coach's Office Suite features private balcony and views into indoor playing field area and towards both the existing outdoor practice fields, and the south end zone of stadium
- New indoor facility is linked to existing stadium via secured, underground tunnel for moving players back and forth between facilities during gamedays.
- State-of-the-art training area, including in-ground hydrotherapy pools with submersible treadmills/and video monitoring equipment. Also comprised of tape area, treatment area, rehab area, and hydrotherapy area
- 132 lockers
- Full-sized indoor practice field, including practice track and various related track events
- Staff area/offices include private positional coaches' offices with adjacent team position meeting room.
Tours of the Indoor Practice Facility are available by appointment. Call (662) 915-1821.