Ole Miss named the facility in honor of the Mannings in 2013, recognizing their extraordinary contributions to the University of Mississippi.
The renovation and expansion of the Manning Center was made possible by gifts to the Forward Together Campaign. In partnership with Ole Miss Athletics, the Manning family and the family of Billy Van Devender made significant contributions to the campaign in order to honor Olivia and Archie in this special way.
“The Manning Center speaks a great deal to our donor support, our athletics tradition and the future of our program,” said Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork. “I have been all over the nation, and this is one of the most impressive out there. We are excited about the numerous enhancements we’ve made to this facility, and it will continue to serve as a tremendous recruiting asset for all of Ole Miss Athletics.”
Located beside the South End Zone of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, the Rebels moved into the spectacular $18 million multi-purpose structure in fall 2004.
As part of the Forward Together campaign, a $12.5 million renovation and expansion commenced in early 2013. The project was built in phases and completed in early 2014.
Among the upgrades was the construction of a full kitchen and dining hall that is part of the Ole Miss dining program and open to every student, faculty and staff member. The “Grill at 1810” provides a nutrition center for all Ole Miss student-athletes. The Roland and Sheryl Burns Team Meeting Room was constructed on the north end of the facility lawn between the building and the south end zone of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. It seats approximately 200, doubling the capacity of the previous team room, and the meeting area was outfitted with state-of-the-art audio/video equipment and coaching software. Adjacent to the team room is a new head coach’s office, putting all of the staff on the same level in the renovated coaching suite.
With the construction of the team room, a new front door and recruiting room was erected on the site of the old team room and pays tribute to the contributions of Ben Williams and James Reed, Ole Miss’ first two African-American football student-athletes. The Williams-Reed Football Foyer celebrates the rich tradition of Rebel football with recruits, alumni and fans with interactive exhibits and memorable images from the program’s history.
The existing weight room was expanded on the east side of the Manning Center, widening the area by 2,000 square feet. On the west side, the locker room was overhauled and enhanced to include new player lounges and renamed the Van Devender Family Foundation Locker Room. Also, the Mattingly Family Equipment Room has been renamed to honor the memory of the late Thomas J. Mattingly and his family. AECOM, CDFL and Tipton & Associates were the architects of the renovations and expansions to the Manning Center.
The facility includes the following features:
- Top of structure over playing field 79 feet above finished floor
- Building structure comprised of steel frame, metal roof, brick and metal panel exterior walls with dimensional stone base/water table and stone wall caps
- Players' lounge with game room, tv room/lounge, computer/study lab, refreshment bar, and small theater room
- 10,000-square-foot weight room includes Hammer Strength machines, Life Fitness cardiovascular machines and a fully-stocked nutrition center
- Staff office area features state-of-the-art audio/video "strategy room" with four digital projection screens and sound
- Staff office area also features state-of-the-art audio/video editing suite
- Banquet Hall to accommodate approximately 300 persons
- Semi-private upstairs Head Coach's Office Suite features private balcony and views into indoor playing field area and towards both the existing outdoor practice fields, and the south end zone of stadium
- New indoor facility is linked to existing stadium via secured, underground tunnel for moving players back and forth between facilities during gamedays.
- State-of-the-art training area, including in-ground hydrotherapy pools with submersible treadmills/and video monitoring equipment. Also comprised of tape area, treatment area, rehab area, and hydrotherapy area
- 132 lockers
- Full-sized indoor practice field, including practice track and various related track events
- Staff area/offices include private positional coaches' offices with adjacent team position meeting room.
Tours of the Manning Center are available by appointment. Call (662) 915-1821.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear