Tailgating In The Grove
Walk through The Grove
The Rebels take their traditional "Walk through The Grove" two hours and 30 minutes before kickoff, and the interior campus closes to all traffic at that time except vehicles with parking passes.
Tailgating is a renowned Ole Miss football tradition. The Grove is a family-friendly atmosphere. To care for fans and the campus, follow these guidelines:
- The Grove opens at 9 p.m. on Friday, and closes at midnight following the game.
- Only university-sponsored events are held in "reserved" places. Space is claimed on a first-come basis. Occupy only the space you need - be considerate of others.
- No trailers are allowed to park on Grove Loop or the Circle. There is a 15-minute time limit in unloading zones.
- Know and obey regulations concerning alcohol use. Drinking is illegal for anyone under the age of 21. County law prohibits possession of beer and light wine on most of the campus. Distribution of alcohol without a permit is illegal, and leaving alcohol in plain view or unattended is considered distribution. Thus, unattended tents and coolers are subject to inspection, and alcohol will be confiscated. University policy prohibits abusive drinking, drinking games, and mass or rapid consumption devices (kegs, funnels, shots, etc.). Public intoxication will not be tolerated, and violators are subject to arrest.
- Do not drive stakes into the ground to avoid buried electric and water lines.
- No solicitation is permitted, including commercial or political advertising. Posting campaign material to University property is prohibited.
- Keep Ole Miss beautiful. Stash your trash. Trash bags are available in front of the Triplett Alumni Center and throughout the Grove.
- Portable generators are strictly prohibited.
- Open flames are strictly prohibited. This includes the use of portable fireplaces and tiki torches. Propane bottles and propane tanks are not allowed.
- Do not leave valuables unattended. University Police officers are on patrol, but they cannot be responsible for hundreds of picnic sites. The University is not responsible for unattended tents and items.
- Do not block designated emergency lanes. Tents are allowed in the Grove, but a safer, more enjoyable environment is created when emergency lanes are observed.
Restroom facilities are available in selected buildings. Hotty Toddy Potties - portable, full restroom facilities for males and females - are located adjacent to the Grove in front of Farley Hall to the north, Faser Hall to the south and the Croft Institute to the west.