June 1, 2014
Final Stats |
NCAA OXFORD REGIONAL
GAME 4: OLE MISS 2, WASHINGTON 1
JUNE 1, 2014
Ole Miss vs. Washington Postgame Notes
OLE MISS NOTES
• This is the Rebels’ 19th postseason appearance and 12th under head coach Mike Bianco. Ole Miss improved its all-time NCAA
record to 47-39.
• Ole Miss is hosting its sixth NCAA Regional and first since 2009. The Rebels have won 13 of their last 14 NCAA Regional games in
• The Rebels won their 43rd game of the year, which is the fourth-most in school history.
• The all-time series between Ole Miss and Washington is tied at 1-1.
• Ole Miss now has a 9-8 record this season in games against top-25 ranked teams.
• The Rebels improved to 11-8 in one-run contests this year.
• Sophomore LHP Christian Trent improved to 9-0, pitching 6.1 innings of one-run ball with six strikeouts and only one walk. His nine
wins are tied for 11th-most in a season in school history.
• Senior RHP Aaron Greenwood picked up his fourth save of the year. He closed out the game with 2.2 shutout innings, allowing one
hit and striking out four.
• Junior OF Auston Bousfield connected on his sixth home run of the season and drove in his 48th RBI.
• Senior 3B Austin Anderson went 3-for-4 to improve his season batting average to .339, third-best on the team.
• The Rebels will play in tomorrow’s regional championship game (2 p.m.) against the winner between Washington and Georgia Tech.
It will be the Rebels’ seventh championship appearance in their last nine regionals.
• The Washington Huskies fall to 20-17 all time in NCAA play after their 2-1 defeat.
• The Huskies are now 1-1 against the Rebels in all-time meetings between the schools, with the victory coming in the 2004 Oxford
• After the loss, the Huskies are 35-7 this season when keeping opponents fewer than four runs.
• Washington drops to 10-4 in one-run games this season.
• Junior RHP Jeff Brigham went 7.0 innings this afternoon, tying his longest outing of the year.
• Sophomore 1B Brandon Berry went 3-for-4 in the contest and had half of the hits for the Huskies.
• UW’s next game is against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at 7 tonight in an elimination game.