June 2, 2014
Final Stats |
NCAA OXFORD REGIONAL
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: OLE MISS 3, WASHINGTON 2 (10)
JUNE 2, 2014
Ole Miss vs. Washington Postgame Notes
OLE MISS NOTES
• This is the Rebels' 19th postseason appearance and 12th under head coach Mike Bianco. Ole Miss improved its all-time NCAA record to 48-39.
• With the victory, Ole Miss advances to an NCAA Super Regional for the fifth time since 2005. The Rebels will face the winner between Louisiana-Lafayette and Mississippi State from the Lafayette Regional.
• Of the 16 NCAA Regional hosts, Ole Miss ranks second to LSU in average attendance for its games. The three Ole Miss games averaged 9,463 fans. The Tigers' three games so far have averaged 9,749. Oxford-University Stadium/Swayze Field boasts two of the three most-attended single games in this year's tournament.
• The Rebels have claimed 14 wins in their last 15 NCAA Regional games in Oxford.
• The Rebels won their 44th game of the year, which is tied for the second-most in school history with the 2006 and 2009 teams. The Rebels won a school-record 48 games in 2005.
• Ole Miss takes a 2-1 lead in the all-time series against Washington.
• Ole Miss now has a 10-8 record this season in games against top-25 ranked teams, including 2-0 in this regional.
• The Rebels improved to 12-8 in one-run contests and 6-4 in extra innings this year.
• This was the fourth extra-inning postseason game in school history, and the Rebels now have a 3-1 record in such contests.
• Junior RHP Scott Weathersby pitched the final 5.1 innings to earn his second win of the season. He tied a career high with six K's and did not allow a run on two hits.
• Freshman DH Colby Bortles drove in two of the team's three runs on a second-inning solo home run and a sixth-inning RBI double.
• Junior 1B Sikes Orvis connected on his first triple of the season (second of his career) for the winning RBI in the 10th, driving in senior C Will Allen.
• Junior RHP Sam Smith went 4.2 innings, allowing two runs (none earned) with a strikeout and six hits allowed.
• ALL-REGIONAL: Will Allen (C), Sikes Orvis (1B), Preston Overbey (2B), Austin Anderson (3B), Auston Bousfield (OF), J.B. Woodman (DH), Aaron Greenwood (P)
• OXFORD REGIONAL MVP: Sikes Orvis
• The Washington Huskies have been eliminated from the NCAA Tournament after losing to the Ole Miss Rebels 3-2.
• The Huskies fall to 21-18 all-time in NCAA play. They have never advanced to a Super Regional or College World Series.
• The Huskies are now 1-2 against the Rebels in all-time meetings between the schools, with the victory coming in the 2004 Oxford Regional.
• Washington ends its season with a final record of 41-17-1.
• After the loss, the Huskies are 35-8 when keeping opponents fewer than four runs.
• Senior P Trevor Dunlap and sophomore P Troy Rallings both made appearances today and are tied for the most this season with 31.
• Washington is 5-1 in extra-inning games after the loss today.
• The game was delayed 1 hour, 53 minutes in the seventh inning due to rain.