NCAA Tournament Postgame Notes
March 22, 2013
Ole Miss vs. Wisconsin - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round
NCAA TOURNAMENT NOTES
* Ole Miss moves to 4-6 in the NCAA Tournament, earning its first win in the "Big Dance" since it beat Notre Dame (59-56) in the second round in 2001.
* Ole Miss is 3-0 in NCAA Tournament games in Kansas City. The Rebels previously defeated Iona and Notre Dame in Kemper Arena in the 2001 NCAA Midwest Regional.
* The Rebels, winning their sixth straight game, improve to 27-8 while advancing to the third round of the NCAA Tournament for just second time in school history (2001).
* Ole Miss’ 27 wins tie the school record for victories in a season (2000-01).
* Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy picked up his first-ever NCAA Tournament win on Friday and improved to 152-86 in his seventh season with the program. Kennedy is now 173-99 in his eighth season overall.
* The Rebels had a season-low 22 points in first half.
* Ole Miss improved to 11-6 on the season when trailing at the half.
* The Rebels tied a season low with three three-point baskets, also set against McNeese State Nov. 20.
* After getting outrebounded 23-17 in the first half, Ole Miss turned the tables in the second half, outrebounding UW, 26-17, in the second half and 43-40 for the game.
* Junior G Marshall Henderson knocked down three treys giving him at least one three point basket in 35-straight games. Henderson finished the game with a game-high 19 points, marking his 34th double-figure scoring game of the season.
* Senior F Reginald Bucker had five blocks, marking his 19th game this season with three or more blocks. His five blocks set an Ole Miss NCAA Tournament single game record. Buckner’s 12 rebounds give him 11 double-figure rebounding games on the season and mark a new Ole Miss NCAA Tournament single game high.
* The Badgers, appearing in the NCAA Tournament for the 15th consecutive season, close out the year with a 23-12 mark.
* Wisconsin dropped to 25-18 in the NCAA Tournament, seeing a streak of victories in six consecutive NCAA opening round games come to an end (last opening round loss in 2006 to Arizona 94-75).
* Wisconsin is now 23-17 against Southeastern Conference teams, including 1-2 this season (77-70 win vs. Arkansas; 74-56 loss to Florida).
* Bo Ryan is 291-113 in 12 years as Badgers head coach, including a 16-12 mark in the NCAA Tournament with a 10-2 mark in the opening round. Ryan has overall collegiate record of 674-216 in 29 years including stops at Wisconsin-Platteville (1985-99) and Wisconsin-Milwaukee (2000-01).
* Wisconsin shot a season-low 25.4 percent (15-59) from the field.
* The Badgers tied a season-low with 15 field goals.
* Junior G Ben Brust set the Wisconsin single season school record for three pointers at 79 by knocking down two, replacing Sean Mason (78, 1999) as the school’s single season leader.
* Freshman F Sam Dekker’s two threes in the game give him 50 on the season which moved him into No. 2 on school’s freshman single-season three-point field goal list surpassing Jeremy Hall (1995-96) who had 49.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear