Postgame Notes: Ole Miss vs. Boise State
Aug. 28, 2014
CHICK-FIL-A KICKOFF GAME VS. BOISE STATE - 8/28/14
• Tonight’s meeting was the first all-time between Ole Miss and Boise State.
• The Rebels are now 6-3 all-time against current members of the Mountain West Conference.
(All Seniors): Will Denny (LS), C.J. Johnson (DE), Cody Prewitt (FS), Bo Wallace (QB)
FIRST-TIME STARTERS (5)
Offense: Ben Still (C), Fahn Cooper (RT), Jeremy Liggins (TE), Cody Core (WR)
Defense: Marquis Haynes (DE)
Anthony Alford (DB/PR), Daronte Bouldin (OT), Fadol Brown (DE), Ryan Buchanan (H), Fahn Cooper (OT), Craig Frigo (OG), DeMarquis Gates (LB), Will Gleeson (P), C.J. Hampton (DB), Marquis Haynes (DE), DeVante Kincade (QB), Jeremy Liggins (TE), A.J. Moore (DB), C.J. Moore (DB), Markell Pack (WR/PR), Tayler Polk (LB), Christian Russell (LB), Rod Taylor (OG), Kendarius Webster (DB), Jordan Wilkins (RB)
• Tonight’s attendance at the Georgia Dome was 32,823.
• Ole Miss improved to 89-26-5 all-time in season openers and have won 16 of the last 19 ... The Rebels won their seventh straight season opener away from home.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 637-497-35 (.560 winning percentage).
• Ole Miss remains perfect in August games with an all-time record of 8-0.
• After a slow start, Ole Miss ended up tying the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game record with 35 points in the game.
• The Rebels’ 28 fourth-quarter points were the most points in a quarter since scoring 28 in the fourth quarter against Memphis in the 2009 season opener.
• Ole Miss and Boise State’s combined seven interceptions set a Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game record.
• Senior QB Bo Wallace finished 25-of-36 through the air for 387 yards and four touchdowns, setting a Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game record for TD passes.
• Wallace moved ahead of Romaro Miller into third place on the school’s all-time passing touchdowns list with 44 and passed Archie Manning into second place with 59 career touchdowns responsible for.
• Sophomore WR Laquon Treadwell recorded his first career 100-yard receiving game with a career-high 105 yards on seven catches ... He has made a catch in every game of his Rebel career (14 straight).
• Junior WR Cody Core made his first career start a memorable one with four catches for a career-high 110 yards and two touchdowns (30 yards and 76 yards from Wallace) ... Those were his first career scores, and he set a Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game record with two receiving TDs.
• Sophomore RB Mark Dodson led the team with 27 rushing yards (four carries) and scored a 19-yard fourth-quarter touchdown.
• With four INTs, Ole Miss recorded its most since picking off four passes against Southern Illinois in 2011 ... Their four INTs tied a Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game record.
• The Landshark “D” racked up eight tackles for loss and three sacks.
• Senior CB Senquez Golson made the Rebels’ first interception of the year and the seventh of his career.
• Junior DE C.J. Johnson intercepted a pass off a deflection, the first pick of his career.
• Senior FS Cody Prewitt snagged his first interception of the year after he led the SEC with six picks last season.
• Sophomore DB Tony Conner recorded his second career interception.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Redshirt-freshman P Will Gleeson had a nice college debut with four punts for a 47.2-yard average with three inside the 20 and a long punt of 70 yards.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Rebel Rewards App
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear