Postgame Notes: Ole Miss vs. Florida State
Sept. 5, 2016
• This was the second all-time meeting between Ole Miss and Florida State, and the series is now tied at one win apiece.
FIRST-TIME STARTERS (4)
Deontay Anderson (DB), Detric Bing-Dukes (LB), A.J. Brown (WR), Shawn Curtis (DE), Montrell Custis (DB), Alex Givens (OL), Myles Hartsfield (DB), Willie Hibbler (LB), Michael Howard (OL), Van Jefferson (WR), Benito Jones (DT), Jaylon Jones (DB), Jalen Julius (DB), Greg Little (OL), Rommel Mageo (LB), D.K. Metcalf (WR), Eric Swinney (RB)
• Attendance at Camping World Stadium was a sellout crowd of 63,042.
• Ole Miss is now 90-27-5 all-time in season openers and lost for the first time since 2011 vs. BYU.
• The Rebels drop their first game against a ranked opponent since last year’s Memphis game (Oct. 17) ... They are 68-150-2 all-time against ranked foes and 10-13 under Hugh Freeze ... Freeze has now led the team to a 3-4 record against top-five foes in his tenure.
• Ole Miss falls to 27-5 under Freeze when leading at the half and 29-6 under Freeze when scoring first.
• This was the second neutral-site loss for the Rebels under Freeze and the first in the regular season.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 655-505-35 (.563 winning percentage) and a 34-19 record under Freeze (.642 winning percentage).
• Senior QB Chad Kelly completed 21 of 39 passes for 313 yards with four TDs and three interceptions.
• Kelly has now led Ole Miss to a score on its first offensive series in eight of his 14 starts.
• Kelly now has six career games with 3+ touchdown passes and nine with 300+ passing yards.
• Senior TE Evan Engram had a career-high nine catches for 121 yards and a TD ... It was his fourth career 100-yard receiving game.
• Engram moved into a tie for fourth place on the all-time list of touchdown catches by an Ole Miss tight end, with eight.
• Junior WR Damore’ea Stringfellow had three catches for 41 yards and a touchdown, the first score of the season for the Rebels.
• Redshirt-freshman WR Van Jefferson had two catches for 23 yards and his first career touchdown, a 20-year grab in the end zone.
• True freshman WR D.K. Metcalf had an impressive first career touchdown, tipping the ball to himself over the defender’s head for a 3-yard score.
• Senior RB Akeem Judd rushed eight times for 44 yards, including an 11-yard TD run for his fourth career TD.
• Sophomore DB Zedrick Woods led the team in tackles with a career-high 11 ... His previous high was four at Mississippi State last year.
• Senior LB Terry Caldwell posted a career-high 10 tackles.
• Senior DB Carlos Davis had a career-high eight tackles.
• Junior LB DeMarquis Gates made seven tackles and collected his first two career sacks.
• Junior DE Marquis Haynes made six tackles with a sack, bringing his career total to 18.5 sacks.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear