Postgame Notes - UT Martin
Sept. 9, 2017
•Today’s meeting was the second between the two schools ... Ole Miss now leads the all-time series 2-0 ... Both meetings have taken place in Oxford.
• Today’s attendance was 60,476.
• The Rebels have started the season 2-0 in four of the last five years.
• Ole Miss is 162-85-7 (.652 winning pct.) all-time during the month of September.
• Ole Miss has now won seven straight games against FCS foes (Southern Illinois 2011, Central Arkansas 2012, Southeast Missouri 2013, Presbyterian 2014, UT Martin 2015,
• The Rebels’ 543 total offensive yards were the most since Auburn last season (570) and the 489 passing yards were a school record.
• Sophomore QB Shea Patterson threw for a school-record 489 yards and a career-best five touchdowns. He broke Chad Kelly’s previous Ole Miss record of 465 yards set last season against Auburn and finished one TD shy of tying Eli Manning’s school record six touchdown passes set against Arkansas in 2001. Patterson completed 32 of 43 attempts (74.4 pct.) to nine different receivers. The 489 yards passing is the 13th-most in SEC history just behind Tim Couch and Peyton Manning, who each threw for 492 yards.
• Sophomore A.J. Brown caught eight passes for 156 yards and two touchdowns. Brown now has 389 receiving yards and four touchdowns in the first two games of the season.
• Junior WR DaMarkus Lodge added six catches for 133 yards and a touchdown. The receptions and yardage both marked career highs for Lodge.
• Brown and Lodge gave the Rebels two 100-yard receivers in the same game for the first time since Auburn in 2014, when Ole Miss had three 100-yard receivers.
• Senior RB Jordan Wilkins rushed nine times for 36 yards and a touchdown. He also added three catches for 40 yards and another score.
• Senior LB DeMarquis Gates led the team with nine tackles (five solo). He added 1.0 TFL and a pass defended.
• Junior DE Victor Evans posted career-high’s with seven tackles (three solo) and 2.5 TFLs.
• Senior DB A.J. Moore posted seven stops (three solo) and a career-high 2.0 TFLs.
• Junior DB Javien Hamilton posted his first career interception in the fourth quarter. It was the Rebels’ first turnover forced of the season.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Freshman Ryder Anderson recorded his first career blocked punt in the second quarter.
• Freshman P Mac Brown saw his first career action and punted once for 54 yards in the fourth quarter.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear