Postgame Notes: Ole Miss vs. Wofford
Sept. 10, 2016
#18 OLE MISS 38, Wofford 13 - 9/10/16
• This was the first all-time meeting between Ole Miss and Wofford.
• The Rebels have won 12 of 13 games games against FCS since 2005, including six straight.
FIRST-TIME STARTERS (2)
• Attendance at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium was 64,232, a school record and biggest college football crowd in state of Mississippi history.
• Ole Miss improves to 28-5 under Freeze when leading at the half and 30-6 under Freeze when scoring first.
• The Rebels improve their record after a loss under Freeze to 11-7.
• Ole Miss improves to 30-3 under Freeze when it rushes for 150 or more yards in a game.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 656-505-35 (.563 winning percentage) and a 35-19 record under Freeze (.648 winning percentage).
• Nine different Rebel receivers caught a pass in the game, and five different players scored a touchdown (four receiving, one rushing).
• Senior QB Chad Kelly completed 20 of 27 passes for 219 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.
• Freshman WR D.K. Metcalf caught a 10-yard touchdown, his second straight game with a score, before leaving the game with a foot injury.
• Junior WR Markell Pack had three catches for 46 and a TD, his fourth career score.
• Senior RB Akeem Judd led the running backs with 11 carries for 64 yards.
• Redshirt-freshman QB Jason Pellerin made his Ole Miss debut in the game and completed 2 of 3 passes for 23 yards, a TD and an INT, while rushing six times for 27 yards and another TD.
• Freshman WR A.J. Brown had two catches for 15 yards and his first career score.
• Senior WR Quincy Adeboyejo caught one pass for a 6-yard touchdown, his 11th career score.
• Graduate LB Rommel Mageo made his first start for the Rebels and led the team with eight tackles.
• Freshman S Deontay Anderson added seven tackles in his second career game.
• Sophomore DT Jordan Hebert recovered a fumble in the fourth quarter.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Junior K Gary Wunderlich converted a 40-yard field goal on the Rebels’ opening drive of the game, his first attempt and make of the year.
• Senior DB Carlos Davis returned a kickoff for a career-best 62-yard return.
• Redshirt-freshman WR Van Jefferson saw his first action at punt returner, making one return for 6 yards.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear