Postgame Notes: Ole Miss vs. Alabama
Sept. 17, 2016
• This was the 64th all-time meeting between Ole Miss and Alabama ... The Crimson Tide now leads 48-11-2.
• Alabama snapped Ole Miss’ two-game win streak in the series.
• The last three games in the series have all been decided by six points or less.
• The 91 total points in this game are the second-most scored in a game in this series ... The teams totaled 94 points in a 59-35 Alabama win in 1980.
Armani Linton (DB)
• Attendance at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium was 66,176, breaking last week’s school record and biggest college football crowd in state of Mississippi history.
• Ole Miss is now 10-14 against ranked teams, 4-10 against top-10 foes and 3-5 against top-five foes under Hugh Freeze.
• Ole Miss falls to 33-47-3 all-time in SEC openers.
• The Rebels are now 1-11 all-time against the nation’s No. 1 team ... The lone win was the last home game vs. Alabama in 2014.
• Ole Miss falls to 28-6 under Freeze when leading at the half and 30-7 under Freeze when scoring first.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 656-505-35 (.563 winning percentage) and a 35-19 record under Freeze (.648 winning percentage).
• Senior QB Chad Kelly completed 26 of 41 passes for a career-high 421 yards with three touchdowns and one interception ... Kelly’s 421 yards are second-most by a player in school history behind Archie Manning’s 436 total vs. Alabama in 1969.
• The 421 yards were the fourth-most in a game in Ole Miss team history.
• Kelly recorded a TD pass for the 16th consecutive game, tying Eli Manning’s school record.
• Senior TE Evan Engram tied his career high with nine catches and totaled 138 yards and a TD, his fifth career 100-yard game and second of the year.
• With his ninth career TD catch, Engram moved into a tie for third on the list for most scoring catches by an Ole Miss TE with Woody Dabbs (1960-62).
• Senior RB Akeem Judd rushed 15 times for 45 yards and scored the game’s first touchdown on a 23-yard run.
• Junior WR Damore’ea Stringfellow had four catches for 87 yards and a TD, his seventh career TD and second of the season.
• Freshman WR A.J. Brown had two catches for 48 yards and a TD, his second of the season.
• Redshirt-freshman WR Van Jefferson had six catches for 91 yards.
• Senior DE John Youngblood scored his first career touchdown on a 44-yard fumble recovery in the second quarter.
• Senior LB Terry Caldwell led the Rebels with a career high-tying 10 tackles.
• Junior DE Marquis Haynes posted a sack, 2.0 TFLs and a forced fumble ... Haynes now has 19.5 career sacks.
• Junior DB A.J. Moore tallied a career-high nine tackles.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Junior K/P Gary Wunderlich converted all three FG attempts from 23, 18 and 38 yards ... He also punted three times for a 54.7-yard average.
• Senior QB Chad Kelly punted once for 49 yards.
• Junior P Will Gleeson punted twice for a 48.5-yard average.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear