Postgame Notes: Ole Miss at Arkansas
Oct. 15, 2016
• This was the 63rd all-time meeting between Ole Miss and Arkansas ... The Razorbacks now lead 34-28-1 overall and have won three straight.
FIRST-TIME STARTERS (1)
Defense: Ray Ray Smith (OLB)
• Attendance at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium was 73,786.
• This was the Rebels’ first true road game of the year.
• Ole Miss’ record vs. top-25 opponents falls to 69-152-2 all-time and 11-15 under Hugh Freeze ... The Rebels are now 1-3 vs. ranked teams this season.
• With Arkansas’ first-quarter TD, it was the first time this year the Rebels didn’t score first and the first TD given up by the Landshark D in the first quarter this season.
• Ole Miss failed to score on its opening drive for the first time this year.
• The Rebels trailed at the end of the first quarter (14-6) for the first time this year and failed to lead at the half for the first time this year.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 658-507-35 (.563 winning percentage) and a 37-21 record under Freeze (.638 winning percentage).
• Ole Miss has now scored 30+ points in each of its last 10 games, dating back to last year.
• The Rebels converted all five red-zone attempts in the game and have now converted 28 of 30 chances this season.
• Senior QB Chad Kelly finished with 253 yards, completing 18 of 39 attempts with one TD and one INT ... He added a season-high 89 rushing yards and two TDs.
• Kelly extended his own school record with his 19th consecutive game throwing a TD pass ... He had the fifth-longest active streak among FBS players entering the weekend.
• With three total TDs (1 pass, 2 rush), Kelly moved past Archie Manning on the Rebel list for third-most TDs responsible for in a career (58).
• With 342 total yards, Kelly leaped Romaro Miller for fourth-most total yards in an Ole Miss career with 6,604.
• Senior TE Evan Engram had seven catches for 111 yards, 105 of which came in the first half ... His first-quarter 13-yard TD catch was the 12th of his career, tying him for the school record for TD catches by a tight end (Butch Veazey, 1971-73).
• Engram notched his third 100-yard receiving game of the year and sixth of his career ... He moves into a tie for fourth on the all-time Ole Miss charts with Shay Hodge (school’s all-time leading receiver) and Mike Wallace (8-year NFL veteran).
• Senior RB Akeem Judd ran 11 times for 41 yards and scored on a second-quarter TD run, his third of the season and sixth of his career.
• The Rebel defense forced Arkansas into converting only five of their 16 third-down chances.
• Junior DE Marquis Haynes came up with a big fourth-quarter interception, the first INT of his career ... He added five tackles and his team-leading fourth sack of the year.
• Sophomore DB Zedrick Woods led the team with 10 tackles, his second double-digit effort of the year.
• Junior LB DeMarquis Gates had seven tackles and his third sack of the season.
• Sophomore DT Breeland Speaks had four tackles and his first sack of the year, second of his career.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Junior K/P Gary Wunderlich made his only FG attempt of the night, a 33-yarder ... He made 3 of 4 PATs, missing the first of his career when it bounced off the left upright ... He also punted twice for a 39.0-yard average.
• Senior Carlos Davis looked to have returned a kickoff 100 yards for his first career score, but after review he had a toe out of bounds at the Ole Miss 39 ... He finished with four kick returns for a 22-yard average.
• Junior P Will Gleeson punted twice for a 41.5-yard average, landing one inside the 20.
• Senior QB Chad Kelly booted a 40-yard punt into the end zone, his third punt of the year.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear