Postgame Notes: Ole Miss vs. Auburn
Oct. 29, 2016
#15 AUBURN 40, OLE MISS 29 - 10/29/16
• This was the 42nd all-time meeting between Ole Miss and Auburn ... The Tigers now lead 30-11 overall and 11-3 in Oxford.
FIRST-TIME STARTERs (4)
Dawson Knox (TE)
• Attendance at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium was 65,927, second-largest in school history.
• This game featured 10 lead changes.
• Ole Miss’ record vs. top-25 opponents falls to 69-154-2 all-time and 11-17 under Freeze ... The Rebels are now 1-5 vs. ranked teams this season, including an 0-4 mark against ranked SEC West foes.
• The Rebels scored first for the seventh time in eight games.
• Ole Miss led 22-20 at the half and has still not trailed at halftime this season.
• Ole Miss falls to 7-3 after a loss over the last three seasons.
• The Rebels fall to 32-9 under Freeze when they score first.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 658-509-35 (.562 winning percentage) and a 37-23 record under Freeze (.617 winning percentage).
• The Rebels’ 465 passing yards broke the school record, previously 440 against Memphis last year.
• Ole Miss produced 570 total yards of offense, second-most this season and most against an SEC foe this year.
• Senior QB Chad Kelly broke Archie Manning’s school record for passing yards in a game with 465, notching career highs with 36 completions and a school-record 59 attempts ... The previous passing yard record was Manning’s 436 vs. Alabama in 1969 ... Kelly tossed three TDs and one INT.
• Kelly completed a pass to a season-high 10 receivers.
• Kelly added a team-high 40 rushing yards on 11 attempts ... His total offense of 505 yards is second-most in school history (Archie Manning, 540 yards).
• Kelly extended his own school record with his 21st consecutive game throwing a TD pass ... He came in tied for the third-longest active streak among FBS players.
• This was Kelly’s 12th career 300-yard passing game, moving him into sole possession of the school record.
• Kelly moved up to third in career passing yards (6,574) and seventh in pass attempts (763).
• Senior TE Evan Engram had nine catches for 95 yards and scored his sixth TD of the season.
• With 700 receiving yards this year, Engram has eclipsed his own single-season school record for yards by a tight end (662 in 2014).
• With his first-quarter TD, Engram took over sole possession of the school record for TD catches by a tight end with 13.
• Engram now has 2,094 career receiving yards, becoming the eighth player in school history to eclipse 2,000 ... His 2,094 total ranks him sixth among all players in school history, passing current Rebel assistant coach Grant Heard.
• Junior WR Damore’ea Stringfellow had three catches for 40 yards and his eighth career TD catch.
• Sophomore WR DaMarkus Lodge had three catches for 39 yards and his third career TD reception.
• Junior LB DeMarquis Gates led the team with nine tackles with a TFL and a forced fumble.
• Senior DE Fadol Brown posted five stops and had a big third-down sack in the third quarter to force an Auburn punt.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Junior K/P Gary Wunderlich made all three FG attempts (a 20-yarder, 26-yarder and career-long 49-yarder), 2 of 3 PATs and punted once for 49 yards.
>> Auburn is now 8-0 all-time when an opposing quarterback has passed for more than 400 yards
>> Kamryn Pettway is the 19th player in Auburn history to rush for more than 200 yards. It’s his fifth 100-yard game of the season, and his third straight 150-yard game. His 236 rushing yards are a career high; the previous best was 192 against Arkansas last week. 236 yards is the 10th best rushing performance in Auburn history
>> Montravius Adams’ blocked PAT attempt was his second blocked kick of the season; he also blocked a ULM field goal attempt. The last Auburn player to block a PAT was Angelo Blackson vs. Alabama in 2014
INDIVIDUAL NOTES/Special Teams
>> Daniel Carlson has converted 130 consecutive PATs, an Auburn record
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear