Postgame Notes: Ole Miss at Texas A&M
Nov. 12, 2016
Ole Miss 29, #8 Texas A&M 28 - 11/12/16
• This was the ninth meeting between the two teams, and Texas A&M now leads 6-3.
• The Rebels have won three in a row in the series.
• Ole Miss now leads the series 3-2 since Texas A&M joined the SEC.
Offense: Shea Patterson (QB)
• Attendance at Kyle Field was 104,892.
• This was the Rebels’ first win against an SEC West team this year.
• Ole Miss won the time of possession battle for just the second time this year.
• The Rebels accumulated 30 first downs to 13 by Texas A&M.
• The Rebels scored first for the ninth time in 10 games.
• Ole Miss trailed 21-6 at the half, the first time this season that the Rebels have trailed at the half.
• This was the sixth time in six SEC games in which Ole Miss’ opponent was nationally ranked ... The Rebels are now 2-4 in those games.
• Ole Miss improved to 2-5 against top-25 teams this year, 70-154-2 all-time and 12-17 under head coach Hugh Freeze.
• Ole Miss improved to 1-2 against top-10 foes this year and 5-10 under Freeze.
• The Rebels improved to 34-9 under Freeze when they score first.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 660-509-35 (.563 winning percentage) and a 39-23 record under Freeze (.629 winning percentage).
• Shea Patterson started in his college debut, becoming the first freshman to start at QB for Ole Miss since David Morris in 1998.
• Patterson set Ole Miss records for passing yards (338) and total yards (402) in a single game by a freshman ... He completed 25 of 42 passes and tossed two TDs with one INT ... He also rushed for 64 yards on 15 attempts.
• Redshirt-freshman WR Van Jefferson caught four passes for 51 yards and a 32-yard TD that brought the Rebels to within two points (28-26) with 5:17 left in the game.
• Senior RB Akeem Judd rushed 20 times for 100 yards and a fourth-quarter 21-yard TD that brought the Rebels to within two points (21-19) ... This was his third 100-yard game of the year.
• Junior WR Damore’ea Stringfellow caught five passes for 74 yards and a TD.
• Freshman WR A.J. Brown had four catches for a game-high and season-high 77 yards.
• Senior TE Evan Engram had a team-high six catches for 49 yards.
• Engram moved into a tie for fourth in school history with Donte Moncrief in career receptions (156).
• The Rebels held the Aggies to seven second-half points, the second straight game in which the Landshark D limited the opponent to single digits.
• True freshman DB Deontay Anderson snagged his first career interception that sealed the Rebel win with 16 seconds left in the contest.
• Junior DE Marquis Haynes had three tackles with 2.0 TFLs and a sack, moving into fourth in school history with 35.5 career TFLs and maintaining his hold on third place in the career sacks list with 23.5.
• Junior K/P Gary Wunderlich nailed a game-winning 39-yard FG, his first career game winner ... He made all three FG attempts (25, 24, 39).
• Wunderlich passed Bryson Rose and Deuce McAllister into third place in school history in career points scored (252) ... He also moved past Rose into third place on the career FGs made list with 44.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear