Postgame Notes: Ole Miss at Vanderbilt
Nov. 19, 2016
Vanderbilt 38, Ole Miss 17 - 11/19/16
• This was the 91st meeting between the two teams ... The Rebels now lead 50-39-2 all-time.
• Vanderbilt snapped the Rebels’ three-game winning streak in the series.
Defense: Jaylon Jones (CB)
• Attendance at Vanderbilt Stadium was 27,763.
• Six true freshmen have now started a game this year, tied for second-most of any team in the country.
• This was the Rebels’ first game against an unranked SEC opponent this year.
• The Rebels scored first for the 10th time in 11 games.
• After not trailing at the half in the first nine games of the year, Ole Miss has trailed at halftime in two straight games.
• The Rebels fall to 34-10 under Freeze when they score first.
• Ole Miss is now 2-19 under Freeze when its opponent scores 30 or more points.
• The Rebels now own an all-time record of 660-510-35 (.562 winning percentage) and a 39-24 record under Freeze (.619 winning percentage).
• Shea Patterson made his second straight start to become the first true freshman QB to start multiple games in school history.
• Patterson finished 20 of 42 passes for 222 yards with two TDs and no INTs, adding 32 rushing yards on 13 attempts.
• Senior TE Evan Engram led all players with six catches and 102 receiving yards, including a 38-yard TD ... His eight TD catches this season are tied for the most by an Ole Miss TE with Butch Veazey (1972) and Barney Poole (1947).
• This was Engram’s fourth 100-yard game of the season (T-4th in school history) and seventh of his career (4th in school history).
• Engram moved past Willie Green (1986-89) into fifth place on the Ole Miss career receiving yards chart with 2,320.
• Engram moved into a tie with Mike Wallace (2005-08) into sixth place on the Ole Miss career TD catches chart with 15.
• Senior RB Akeem Judd had 97 all-purpose yards (63 rushing, 34 receiving) and a 21-yard TD catch, his first career score through the air and 10th overall score as a Rebel.
• Senior LB Rommel Mageo led the team with eight tackles.
• Senior DE Fadol Brown had four tackles with 2.0 TFLs and a sack ... In the last three games he has 24 tackles, 4.0 TFLs and 1.5 sacks.
• Senior DT D.J. Jones also added a sack, his second of the season.
• Junior K/P Gary Wunderlich made his only FG attempt, a 23-yarder to give Ole Miss an early 3-0 lead ... His 20 FGs are tied for second-most in a season in school history.
• Senior Carlos Davis racked up a career-high 160 all-purpose yards, returning five kickoffs for 137 yards (27-yard average) and one punt for 23 yards.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear