Treadwell Tabbed a Finalist for the C Spire Conerly Trophy
Nov. 25, 2015

JACKSON, Miss. – Ole Miss junior wide receiver Laquon Treadwell is one of 10 finalists for the C Spire Conerly Trophy, the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum announced this week.

The 20th C Spire Conerly Trophy, which goes to the most outstanding college football player in Mississippi, will be presented Dec. 1 at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.

Treadwell, a Biletnikoff Award finalist as one of the nation’s outstanding receivers, has had an electric 2015 season. The Crete, Illinois, native has bounced back after his 2014 campaign was cut four games short due to a gruesome leg injury. Through 11 games this season, Treadwell has hauled in 72 catches for 1,060 yards and eight touchdowns, all team highs. Proving to be one of the best wideouts in the country, Treadwell leads all SEC receivers with 96.4 yards per outing and 6.5 catches per game, ranking 15th and 18th in the nation, respectively. He ranks third in the Southeastern Conference in receiving touchdowns, finding the end zone in six consecutive games.

With 192 catches, Treadwell need seven receptions in the Egg Bowl to become the program’s all-time leader (Chris Collins, 198). He’s only the second receiver in school history to record 1,000 receiving yards in a season and is on pace to break Shay Hodge’s school record for yards in a season (1,135 in 2009) and Collins’ record for catches in a season (77 in 2003). He has posted a school-record six 100-yard receiving games this season, including five out of the last six contests. Treadwell has shown his versatility as well by completing a pair of passes this year, one a 68-yard touchdown toss to fellow receiver Quincy Adeboyejo.

Other finalists are quarterbacks Dak Prescott of Mississippi State and Nick Mullens of Southern Miss; running back Darryan Ragsdale of Alcorn State; linebacker Hector Sandoval of Millsaps; defensive end Javancy Jones of Jackson State; cornerback Isaiah Swopes of Belhaven; wide receivers Jarvis York of Delta State and Marcel Newson of Mississippi College; and safety Marquis Green of Mississippi Valley State.


 

 

The C Spire Conerly Trophy is named for former Ole Miss and NFL quarterbacking great Charlie Conerly. Five former Rebels have won the Conerly Trophy, including Stewart Patridge (1997), Deuce McAllister (1999), Eli Manning (2001, 2003), Patrick Willis (2006) and Bo Wallace (2012). In 2014, McAllister, the leading rusher and touchdown scorer in Ole Miss and New Orleans Saints history, was the first C Spire Conerly winner to enter the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame.

Fan voting will account for 10 percent of the vote. The other 90 percent will come from a statewide panel of media who cover Mississippi college football. Fan voting is already underway and concludes on Monday, Nov. 30 at 1 p.m. Fans will be able to submit their vote on csopavoting.com and then can add additional votes via Twitter and text messaging. To cast your vote for Treadwell, click here.

To order tickets to the C Spire Conerly Trophy Banquet, call 601 982-8264 or visit www.msfame.com.

OFFICIAL STORE

GET SOCIAL

Twitter

  • Loading Tweets...
    1 second ago

Instagram

Facebook