- Ole Miss is playing in its first bowl game since the Jan. 2, 2010 AT&T Cotton Bowl.
- Ole Miss ranks 13th all-time among Division I teams with 21 bowl victories.
- The Rebels are tied for 19th all-time among Division I teams with 34 bowl appearances.
- Ole Miss has won eight of its last nine bowl games, including each of the last four.
- This is Ole Miss’ first appearance in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
- Ole Miss is the designated home team for this game.
- Hugh Freeze is the sixth coach in school history to guide his team to a bowl berth in his first year at the helm.
- The Rebels and Panthers are meeting for the first time.
- All six of Ole Miss’ losses have come to teams that are currently ranked or receiving votes in the top 25 polls.
- The Rebels’ 2012 season totals in scoring, total yards and passing yards all rank top five in school history.
- Ole Miss has scored in 37 of its 41 red zone trips (90.2 percent), best in the SEC and 12th in the NCAA.
- The Rebels rank second in the SEC and top 15 in the NCAA in TFLs/game (7.7) and sacks/game (2.8).
- Sophomore QB Bo Wallace is 4th in the SEC and 41st nationally in total offense (267.2 ypg).
- In the last two games (LSU, Mississippi St.), sophomore WR Donte Moncrief has 334 receiving yards and 5 TDs.
|2012 Record||6-6, 3-4 Big East|
|Basic Offense||Pro Style|
|2011 Record||6-7, 4-3 Big East|
|2011 Postseason||BBVA Compass Bowl (lost to SMU)|
|Sept. 1||YOUNGSTOWN STATE||L, 17-31|
|Sept. 6||at Cincinnati*||L, 10-34|
|Sept. 15||VIRGINIA TECH||W, 35-17|
|Sept. 22||GARDNER-WEBB||W, 55-10|
|Oct. 5||at Syracuse*||L, 13-14|
|Oct. 13||LOUISVILLE*||L, 35-45|
|Oct. 20||at Buffalo||W, 20-6|
|Oct. 27||TEMPLE*||W, 47-17|
|Nov. 3||at Notre Dame||L, 26-29 (3OT)|
|Nov. 9||at Connecticut*||L, 17-24|
|Nov. 24||RUTGERS*||W, 27-6|
|Dec. 1||at USF*||W, 27-3|
|* Big East game|