Aug. 27, 2014
2014-15 ScheduleOXFORD, Miss.
– The Ole Miss men’s tennis team will face 11 NCAA Tournament teams from last season, including five home matches against top 25 teams, as the Rebels announced the 2014-15 schedule Wednesday.REBELS PREPARE FOR SPRING WITH FALL SLATE…
• The Rebels will kick of the fall season Sept. 19-22 at the SEC Fall Classic in Gainesville, Fla. Other fall tournaments include the ITA All-American Championships, the ITA Southern Regional Championships, the National Indoor Championships and two ITF Futures.REBELS PLAY THE BEST…
• ITA Kick-Off Weekend Jan. 24-25 in Gainesville, Florida. The Rebels will face Florida in the first round and then either South Carolina or Stanford in the second round. The winner advances to the ITA National Team Indoor Championships in Houston, Texas.
• The Rebels non-conference home schedule includes Tulane (Feb. 27) and perennial power, Baylor (finished sixth in the nation last year) on March 10.
• The SEC will be loaded again, and the Rebels will host five top 25 teams from a year ago, including Vanderbilt (20), Florida (15), Tennessee (18) and Kentucky (12). Road matches include top 25 foes Georgia (9), Texas A&M (10) and Mississippi State (19).
• The SEC Championship takes place April 15-19 in College Station, Texas. The NCAA Team First & Second Rounds kick off on Friday, May 8 across 16 campus sites and then the final 16 will be played in Waco, Texas at Baylor.QUOTING HANSSON…
“We are looking forward to playing another tough schedule this year,” first-year head coach Toby Hansson
said. “I know the team will be well prepared for the challenge of competing with the best teams in the country.”
For more information on Ole Miss Men’s Tennis, follow the Rebels on Twitter at @OleMissMTennis
, on Facebook at OleMissMTennis
and on Instagram at OleMissMTennis