Ole Miss Softball Set to Host Back-to-Back Midweek Games
April 9, 2018
- Both games will be broadcasted on SEC Network +, with Seth Austin handling play-by-play duties and Missy Dickerson serving as Analyst.
- Ole Miss is 8-2 all-time against Central Arkansas, including a perfect 7-0 against the Bears in Oxford.
- Last season, the Rebels and UCA engaged in a 12-inning thriller, with Kaitlin Lee pitching all 12 frames in the 1-0 Ole Miss win.
- The Rebels have never lost to Belmont, coming out victorious in all 12 previous meetings.
- The last time the two sides met was in 2016, with Ole Miss winning both games by respective scores of 9-5 and 8-0 (five innings).
- In the third edition of the NCAA RPI report, Ole Miss slid up one spot to No. 34.
- Both Belmont and Central Arkansas sit outside the RPI top-100, with the Bruins coming in at No. 118 and the Bears being slotted 144th.
- Ole Miss is coming off of a 2-2 road trip last week, opening with a 5-2 win over Southern Miss on Wednesday before going 1-2 at No. 14 LSU on the weekend.
- In the series opener, the Rebels and Tigers engaged in a bout for the ages, going 19 innings strong until LSU won the game on a bloop single.
- The 19 innings is tied for the longest game in SEC history, matching a meeting between Arkansas and Alabama in 1999.
- Lee’s rubber arm was in full force again as she tossed all 18.2 innings for the Rebs, surrendering just a pair of runs on eight hits.
- Batting .267 as a team, Central Arkansas is led offensively by junior Libby Morris at .353 with a team-high five home runs and 28 RBIs as well as 21 runs scored. Sophomore Kaylyn Shepherd isn’t far behind at .346, matching Morris with nine doubles and posting 14 RBIs and 12 runs. Brianna McArthur is another threat at the plate, registering a .338 average with 13 RBIs and eight runs scored.
- In the circle, four players have thrown over 45 innings on the year, spearheaded by freshman Rio Sanchez at 79.1 in 11 starts, posting a 2.38 ERA. Sophomore Kailla Searcy has started 10 games with a 3.67 ERA in 55.1 frames, while junior Ellie Reaves holds a 3.76 ERA in 54.0 innings. Junior Rachel Haberman has posted a 3.96 ERA in 46 innings, ranking second on the team with 18 appearances.
- Headed up by head coach Brian Levin in his second season, Belmont will play Middle Tennessee State Tuesday before making way for Oxford. The Bruins currently sit at 21-11 on the year, including 2-6 in Ohio Valley Conference action. Belmont is just 2-6 on the road, having lost four of their last five contests, all away from home.
- The Bruins have posted a .282 team batting average, with four players batting over .300. Senior Lexi Rouse is tops on the team with a .371 average, also ranking first on the Bruins with nine doubles, one triple, eight home runs, 24 RBIs, a .764 slugging percentage and a .481 OBP. Senior Jess Andree has registered a .323 average with six home runs, 19 RBIs and a team-high 18 runs scored, while Junior Taylor Hargrove is batting .321 with all 17 hits being singles.
- On the rubber, Sophomore Brooklin Lee has seen the bulk of the action with 123.1 innings pitched, posting an 11-5 record with a 1.48 ERA, striking out 152 and issuing just 44 walks. Rouse and freshman Alicia Veltri have nearly split the rest of the innings at 42.2 and 49.2, respectively. Rouse has a 2.79 ERA with a 6-1 record, while Veltri sits at 4-5 with a 2.96 ERA.
TRACK RECORD: CENTRAL ARKANSAS
REBELS AND TIGERS MAKE SEC HISTORY WITH MARATHON CONTEST
For all Ole Miss softball news and information, go to OleMissSports.com and follow the Rebels on Twitter at @OleMissSoftball, on Facebook at Ole Miss Softball and on Instagram at Instagram.com/olemisssoftball. Fans can also follow head coach Mike Smith on Twitter at @msmithsb16. Additionally, fans can get a behind the scenes look at Ole Miss softball and all of Ole Miss athletics on Snapchat under the handle, @WeAreOleMiss.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
- Athletics Leadership
- Compliance and Disassociations
- Media Relations
- News Archives
- Spirit Squads
- Staff Directory
- This is Ole Miss
- FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
- FedEx Student Athlete Success Center
- Health and Sports Performance
- M-Club Alumni Chapter
- Student-Athlete Development
- Rebels' Choice Awards
- Social Media
- E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Charitable Donations
- Contact Us
- Poster/Schedule Card Request
- Media and Downloads
- Ole Miss Sports Apps
- Calendar Schedule
- Sync Your Calendar
- Desktop Backgrounds
- School Song Downloads
- FOR KIDS
- Camps and Clinics
- Rebel Kids Club
- Birthdays with the Rebels
- Chairback Rentals
- Gameday Central [Football] [Basketball] [Baseball]
- Rebel Windows
- Visitor's Guide
- What To Wear